Thursday 26 May 2016


This painting is one of  series I have just completed. It was great fun making them as I just "let go" and revelled in the actual process of creating rather than aiming for a finished product. It employs my favourite set of colours, blue, purple and green. It is a great way for me to work as I am really bad at spoiling my work by fiddling and trying to put too much into a painting. This painting has no right or wrong, no perspective to deal with, no tight and stilted brushwork. 
It also makes me want to look at it because it makes me feel good. That may be because I am unusually pleased with it as a piece I have made, or because it reminds me of how much fun it was or because it contains the colours that please me. However, I think it just hits the right spot for me, the right amount of interest, the right amount of movement, things to follow and discover. 
As someone who is not a fan of action painting this has come as a bit of a shock. 

However you like to create, why not try a bit of "letting go" therapy - you might surprise yourself too :-)
Happy Creating

Janice x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)