Friday 8 March 2013

Fantasy Film Butterfly

This should be my last butterfly card for a while - I have been a bit obsessed with them. Although it doesn't help when so many challenges suddenly have wings and butterflies as their theme. Oh yes, I may be a bit addicted to challenges too :)

I like to stamp and colour several of the same image all at once, then decide on different ways to use them.
This one uses fantasy film over the top of a coloured image. I use Stazon on the film which is pressed onto the stamp using a medium hot iron. I only use this technique on rubber stamps as I don't know if the clear stamps can put up with this treatment. Maybe someone out there knows?

The film is then cut out. It looks very delicate but is quite durable. The film is glued in place on the coloured cut out image just on the body so the wings can flutter freely. The whole is added to card from the Far East Mat Stack by DCWV which is matted onto pearlescent lilac card. The tag is a papermania sticker on ivory card. The ribbon is also papermania. I used an A5 deckle edged pearlescent ivory card, adding adhesive shaped gems to finish.

This has turned out really hard to photograph, so my apologies for not showing the whole card :)

Happy Crafting :) x

1 comment:

  1. That butterfly is gorgeous Janice - I can think of worse addictions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)