Sunday 6 January 2013

Stunning Sunset





For a few years I lived in the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham. It had some good points - I got to do lots of craft demonstrations as it was such a highly populated area, but I found the continual "rat race" a strain and missed the proper "wild" countryside that I had been brought up and lived with for most of my life. I moved eventually back to Wales, to a small village called Llanfair Caereinion. From the very first day I felt at home. The nights were dark, the skies studded with stars, the air fresh and most of all the people had time. They smiled in the street, stopped and talked to each other and never locked their doors! The garden was large with mature trees and surrounded by a dry stone wall. This picture is from the window of the house, which was the former Vicarage, out across the St Mary's church.
The village gets it's name from the church - Llanfair means Church of St Mary's - and from the River Einion that runs through the village. Caer is the Welsh word for Fort.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,

    I am lucky enough to live on the outskirts of Birmingham, but on the South side, so have the best of all worlds, can be on the Licky and Waseley hills in five minute, if I walk really slow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Funnily enough, that is near where I used to live at Hopwood. Trouble is I'm just a country bumpkin where going for a walk means you can walk for a couple of miles without seeing another soul. I did enjoy walking the canal there though.

      Delete
  2. Thats a beautiful picture! Sounds like a great place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post with descriptive words uch taht you can close your eyes and see it :). I love the picture. It makes everything seem so calm when you can just relax and look out a window and see such beautiful views. A step away from our busy lives of today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)